Ann M. Haralambie is a Certified Family Law Specialist, Arizona Board of Legal Specialization, a Certified Child Welfare Law Specialist, National Association of Counsel for Children, and a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney in private practice in Tucson, Arizona since 1977. Her practice is restricted to family and (non-delinquency) juvenile cases, with an emphasis on custody and child abuse. The practice is child-focused and seeks to minimize the harm which often occurs when child custody is litigated.
Ms. Haralambie is also an author and a national and international speaker and trainer for professional groups on topics related to custody, child abuse, and child advocacy. She serves as a consultant to and member of a number of national organizations dealing with family and child welfare law. She has served in a number of leadership roles within the legal and child welfare communities. (See résumé for details.)
Initial consultations, which generally last between one and two hours, are available for a flat fee of $400. Note: I am not accepting any new clients who need court appearances before September and will not be scheduling initial consultations June-August 2015.
Scope of practice:
- Dissolution of marriage (divorce)
- Paternity (unmarried parents)
- Third party custody and visitation (grandparents, stepparents, foster parents, de facto parents)
- Modification of custody/visitation
- Interstate custody
- Parenting agreements (pre- and post-decree, unmarried parents, LGBT parents)
- Child sexual abuse
- International child abduction (Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction)
- Termination of parental rights
- Guardianship of children
- Stepparent adoption
- Private adoption (note: we do not find children or match birth parents)
- Representation of adoption and child welfare agencies
Upcoming speaking schedule:
“Where Faith Meets the Law: Child Maltreatment and the First Amendment,” 22nd Annual Children’s Law Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico, January 8, 2015.
“CWLS Exam Prep & Federal Child Welfare Law Review,” full day training for attorneys preparing to become certified Child Welfare Law Specialists, Tucson, Arizona, May 16, 2015.
“The Tangled Web of Custody of Children of Same-Sex Parents,” NACC 38th National Child Welfare, Juvenile & Family Law Conference, Monterey, California, August 25, 2015.